Hi,

I have a problem with understanding the new function of the
personGrp-element.
If I try to mark up the following sentence in a letter from 1817:

„Yesterday I met Mr. Weber and later the SIMPSONS“, I normally would
expect to do this in the following way (which is, I know, not the only
one!):

a) Mr. Weber within <persName>-tags
b) the Simpsons = Mr. and Mrs. Simpson = <personGrp> consisting of two
<persName>-tags

So my expectation would lead to a tagging like this one:

Yesterday I met <persName key=“fffi-id 2228“>
<reg>Weber, Carl Maria von</reg>Mr. Weber</persName>
and the <personGrp>SIMPSONS
<persName key=“fffi:id 1968/><reg>Simpson, Jonathan</reg></persName>
<persName key=“fffi:id 1969“><reg>Simpson, Mary Anne</reg></persName>
</personGrp>

[in this case fffi:id is an iternal data-base]

My interpretation is: Simpsons = the „personGroup“, consisting of 2
persons, which are listed within the tag as individuals after mentioning
their „family name“.

But in P 5 I seem to be forced to do it in this way:

Yesterday I met <persName key=“fffi-id 2228“>
<reg>Weber, Carl Maria von</reg>Mr. Weber</persName>
and the <listPerson>
<personGrp>
<persName key=“ffffi:id 1968/><reg>Simpson,
Jonathan</reg>SIMPSONS</persName>
<persName key=“fffi:id 1969“><reg>Simpson, Mary Anne</reg></persName>
</personGrp>
</listPerson>

This seems to be „tricky“ but not logical – the SIMPSONS are now within
the tag of Mr. Simpson and Mrs. Simpson doesn't have anything to say in
this matrimony. That may be very realistic, but its not the fine way...

Is my tagging faulty (when I try to avoid <rs> in this case) or is there
a problem with personGrp?

Many thanks for any help!

Yours, Joachim Veit

(Carl-Maria-von-Weber-Gesamtausgabe, Gartenstrasse 20, D-32756 Detmold)