What happens is that in oXygen 9 beta only the TEI P5 0.9 distribution
was added which is thus mixed with an older version of the "custom
schemas" (if this is their name) located in frameworks/tei/custom. I see
that oxygen_frameworks_tei.tar.gz contains many other files in addition
to TEI P5 0.9. For example tei_all.rng is not even present in the TEI P5
0.9 distribution as a download available from

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=106328

In fact the whole subfolder tei/custom is not present in TEI P5 0.9.
tei_all.rng is located in tei/custom/schema/relaxng of
oxygen_frameworks_tei.tar.gz. So TEI P5 0.9 is only a subset of
oxygen_frameworks_tei.tar.gz. Now I realize that an update of the TEI
schemas in oXygen should be done by adding the content of
oxygen_frameworks_tei.tar.gz instead of a TEI P5 release. Did I miss any
announcement/notification of a new version of
oxygen_frameworks_tei.tar.gz with the new "custom schemas"?

After I replaced the TEI framework in oXygen 9 beta with the files from
http://www.tei-c.org/Software/oxygen_frameworks_tei.tar.gz I still get
the error that the "quantity" attribute is not allowed when I validate
Peter's TEI P5 file. The "date" one is accepted.

Regards,
Sorin