Steve
> Pandunia:
> Best feature: method for selecting forms (though some tweaking would help)
> Worst feature: toss-up between phonology (too complex) and grammar (oddly,
> so simple it's complicated)
> Success feature: perhaps cult status

Thanks for the comments. I'm paying attention to your comments, all of
you. I'm discussing these matters because I want to get new viewpoints for
streamlining Pandunia. I might be stubborn at times and take a few steps
to wrong direction, but I tend to come back to my senses eventually (I
hope) and take heed of your worthy advice.

The reason that I came up with the "simplest form of the most wide spread
word" rule was exactly to get rid of the phonological complexities where
adopting the most prevalent form approach leads to. The aspirated stops
(which were heavily criticized a while back) would be eliminated from
Pandunia's phonology by the new rule. For example Indian words go through
simplifications in Dravidian and Austronesian, and the same happens to
Sinitic words in Japanese. As a side effect some Western words will get
simplified also as they go through simplifications in various languages
too. It's a question of where to draw the line then.

I'm also tweaking the grammar a bit, namely setting priority to SVO and
SOV word orders, but otherwise it remains as lexical as it can be.

With those improvements it still won't be Esperanto or at-sight guessable
(except maybe for some polyglots). But even a small cult following would
be nice for the time being.

--
Risto Kupsala