MacLeod Dave skrev:

> That's what some people said a month ago on another board I post on
> unrelated to IALs when I put up samples of Interlingua and Occ and asked
> which one they preferred from appearance alone, and some said that they
> preferred the one with accents because it reminded them of Spanish where
> they always knew where the accent was supposed to be.

I have come to wonder a little bit about the idea of "naturality". It
does only have some meaning if you compare the language to a certain
language or language group.

If you let naturality mean the opposit of skematism, then I think the
term has some reason, and in that case I would say that Occidental is
mor skematic than Interlingua. But if you anderstand it as "more similar
to natural languages" I am a little doubtful. In a kind of macro-scale I
would agree, but if you compare Interlingua and Occidental it will be
meningless to me. Both Occidental and Interlingua will show forms of
words that are unnatural in the sense that they are not similar to
"natural langauges".

Kjell R