Bruce Gilson skrev:
> On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 16:06:41 -0400, Dana Nutter ( [log in to unmask])
> wrote:
>
>>> In addition, there are a lot of special displays that present only
>>> ASCII characters. So you would better stick with only those.
>>>

>> I agree, and this is the path taken with Sasxsek.  The entire
>> language's script fits within the 7-bit ASCII range common to
>> virtually all computers.
>>

> Of course, the main problem I have with Occidental, and ONE of the major
> problems I have with Esperanto, is this machinability problem. So I
> certainly concur.

If you by machinability understand that the language cannot be treated
by a computer, I must admit that I cannot follow you. Then I suppose
neither Swedish nor English ar machinable. But that's no problem for me.
I am a hujman being and not a computer.

When the first computers were introduced to us they did not have any å,
ä or ö in them, so I could e.g. not write my surname, Rehnström, on one!
So there was talk of skipping å, ä and ö, but luckily there were people
who realized that if the computer couldn't handle normal languages, then
they were not much to "han on the Christmas tree" (as we say).

Which boils down to the fact that I am quite fond of Occidental. I am
not a computer, perhaps that's why!

Kjell R