Antonielly Garcia Rodrigues skrev:
> On 10/27/07, Kjell Rehnström <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> I have the impression that Gode or someone else put in some jokes in the
>> dictionary. An example is the word for "blue", "blau". That is, as far
>> as I can understand, nothing but pure German. One should have expected
>> "blue", given the form the word has got in the source languages.
>>

> Only if you think the IALA methodology is a joke. "blau" is the common
> ancestor of [en] "blue", [it] "blu" and [fr] "bleu". For further
> details, see:
> http://etimo.it/?term=blu&find=Cerca
> http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?search=blue&searchmode=none
>
> Antonielly Garcia Rodrigues

This is a good example where one could have used some explanation in the
IED.

And, no, I don't think the method of the IALA is a joke, I just thought
that Gode in the case of "blau" permitted himself to make one, jost for
fun. The old Gode had a sense of humor!

It feels quieting to know that it wasn't a joke!

Kjell R