auliuniv skrev:
> On 29 Oct 2007 at 21:22, Jens Wilkinson wrote:
>

>> Although I can't answer for them, I assume the
>> thinking here is that it doesn't matter. Educated
>> Chinese or Arabs are used to the European patterns
>> anyway, so simply using the European forms is fine;
>> there's not need to take other "natural" forms into
>> account. Of course, whether Chinese or Arabic people
>> will be satisfied with that is another issue. And of
>> course, as the Esperantists are fond of pointing out,
>> the Eurocentric aspects of Esperanto have not really
>> prevented Asians from learning it, so it's a valid
>> point. I don't agree, of course; I think that they
>> would be more likely to be enthusiast about a language
>> that is not so heavily based on European languages.
>>

> Let's look at the beginning of languages as we know them.
> Here it is always the West vs the East. The idea being that the East won't accept a Western
> IAL, so we must make one for them first, or somehow include them first.

I guess that when millions upon millions of Chinese and Japanese are
speaking and writing Occidental, then we will most certainly have
Sinodental or Japodental. And as with English there will be strata of
higher and lower forms of language. Those who have made the course will
speak inpeccable Occidental, and those who have not will probably speak
something more peccable :-)

But as Occidental is much easier than English, I think that many more
will be able to be perfect in it. Starting at an early age will be one
thing.

Kjell R