[Commentary by G. Waringhien: Immediately after receiving the letter
of November 2 from Couturat, which he found "astonishing", Boirac
officially protested to the Chairman of the Permanent Commission:]

From: Emile Boirac
To: Wilhelm Ostwald
Date: November 3, 1907

... I don't understand why, instead of proposing to the Language
Committee the changes that it is desired to introduce into the
Esperanto that was adopted in principle, M. Couturat is talking to me
about an Ido project "adopted in principle" ... Furthermore, it's
impossible for me to consult with the Language Committee scattered
throughout the entire world about such important questions, about
which I myself am not well informed, and answer M. Couturat in the
short time of one month ... Furthermore, speaking about that time, M.
Moch was expressing only his own private opinion, and, saying this,
he was supposing (according to promises made to him and not realized)
that the attempt at agreement would be by a path quite different than
the path followed ...

-- Don HARLOW