> [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of MacLeod Dave

> > I also have serious doubts about a culturally isolated language
> > growing to any large proportions without losing the features
that
> > make it "easy" to learn and use.  How long before Interlingua
starts
> > inheriting local idioms and slang from other European languages?
>
> Here's the one thing you wrote in there was on topic (since the
> topic's not about Interlingua). It would depend on the philosophy
of
> the language. Naturalistic languages could have a Fundamento as
well.
> ia doesn't have that because of the philosophy of the people that
> created it but it could have been easy enough to create a
philosophy
> behind the language geared towards ease of learning and stability.
> Slovio's an example of that I suppose. Based on a smaller group of
> source languages but still quite systematic. Languages based on a
> small number of source languages also often promote themselves as
"an
> easy way to communicate with anybody that speaks language family
x".
> They don't work as hard on that point as they should though.

I agree that any good planned language should have some type of
"fundamento", but having a good authority behind a language is no
guarantee that people will follow it.  Those of us who are native
Anglophones were all taught "proper " English in schools, but how
many use it in their daily lives?