On Tue, 6 Nov 2007, James Chandler wrote:

> [trim]

> It seems that some peoples have problems with final -l
> and some with final -r.  Personally with my dialect of
> English I have huge problems with final -r.  That is
> why I said in my last reply to Bruce that liquids are
> best avoided in final position.

This is a problem I have both with simplified spelling schemes and for
proposing a supposedly reduced form of English as an IAL.  *WHOSE*
English?  In my dialect of English, final -r is alive, well, and
thriving.  (As Mark Twain supposedly said, the English language has
become a stock company, and the Americans hold the largest number of
shares.)

--
Paul Bartlett