> [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kjell Rehnström

> [log in to unmask] skrev:
> > Sounds like more of that elitist "west is best" mentality. The
same
> > one that pisses people off enough to make them crash airplanes
into
> > tall buildings.
> >
> It is not sure that those who finnished their life by having
airplains
> crushing into buildings in New York were the most deprived.
> Perhaps they  wanted a quick road to power. That's nothing new.
They were
> no poor guys  but rather, if I have understood the meadia reports
> correctly, they were
> educated and had money. History can teach us something. Many of
the
> Russian revolutionary were aristocrats. Reading about the  times
before
> the revolution one has a feeling that the intellectuals in Russia
were
> hoping for changes. Anything could just be to the better!

> The strong side for the US is its lifestyle and the  democracy. It
is a
> pity that they did not play more in that key.

No, that's it's biggest weakness.  The US *lifestyle* is money and
materialism, and what many call "democracy" is just a dog and pony
show to appease the masses, while those with the money who are the
only ones they really have access to government.  The "golden rule"
is alive an well here.  He who has the gold, makes the rules.