May I ask what is this political talk on a list where auxlangs are supposed to be the ideal? And, one of the main tenets of such a language is supposed to be neutrality. Wasn't the premise to promote peace and harmony through the use of a neutral language where all could communicate without picking sides?
Maybe not. Maybe it's all just a dream. And, it that is so, well, so much for an IAL at any time or place on planet earth. No?

Bob