> I have tried to make the world interested in Esperanto. I didn't succeed
> in doing so. People were generally positive, as I have tolde in earlier
> messages. Interlingua has got a chance as well. But I have not been able
> to spread it. Others can, perhaps. Now I shall try Occidental. Let's see
> how that works. Most on this list are probably against using Occidental
> so... I will try on my own or with those who are interested.

I'm for Occidental and I've considered using it myself. I've decided against
it so far though because the community is so small which means that
eventually a new student is going to encounter Bob and he doesn't promote
the language the way it should be. Sometimes he'll go off on a tangent about
how Occidental isn't so much a language as a method of internationalizing
the vocabulary you already know, but really it's a language and you have to
learn it like any other. It's very good though. I consider you and Steve to
be the two best proponents of the language.

Bob, I hope you don't mind. It's not a personal attack - I really think you
promote Occidental better when you chill. The times where you just write up
article after article are the times that I feel most inclined to use it.
I've even written a few articles on the occ Wikipedia when nobody was
looking.

I've actually considering creating a site in Occ that has nothing about the
auxlang community whatsoever, just a few links to learn the language for
those that don't know it and the rest of the content to be about pretty much
anything else.

--
http://wiki.galbijim.com