Antonielly scrit:

>just didn't like the word "fasil" because it is hard
for Brazilianslike me to pronounce "l" in the end of
syllables. Yes, I know we have"fácil" in Portuguese,
but in Brazil we pronounce it as if it were"fáciu".
The same occurs to other words with syllable-ending
"l":pastel (pastéu), celta (céuta), Selma (Séuma),
Cacilda (Cacíuda),carrossel (carrosséu), etc.

A similar thing happens in my dialect of English.  I
tend to pronounce "dark l" vocalically.  I'm not sure
I find it difficult to pronounce "l" in these
positions, it is more related to laziness and
register.  I have two registers, one close to RP, and
another that is a form of Estuary.  In the former, I
will pronounce dark "l", in the latter it gets
vocalized.  This is discussed by John Wells at some
length in sections 4 and 5 of this document:
http://www.phon.ucl.ac.uk/home/estuary/transcree.htm
I find it hard myself to determine exactly what the
phonetic value of dark "l" is in my EE register, but
Wells probably has it right when he transcribes it as
[o].

If I described my idiolect in detail I think the
people on this list might find it quite interesting.
But I'll save that for a rainy day.

>If you can eliminate "l" in the end of syllables in
the languagephonotactics, then the phonotactics will
be very close to the idealIMHO.

It seems that some peoples have problems with final -l
and some with final -r.  Personally with my dialect of
English I have huge problems with final -r.  That is
why I said in my last reply to Bruce that liquids are
best avoided in final position.