On 11/11/07, ROGER MILLS <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> to learn a language in like half and hour :-)) Oddly, apparently I
> overlooked the fact that both he and all the Kash are telepaths, which would
> certainly solve the language problem....

In a story I've been working on, being telepathic helps my otherworldly
characters learn English faster than they could otherwise, because they
are picking up thoughts in the language accompanied by mental images,
emotions, etc..  But it doesn't allow them to start communicating
instantly.

--
Jim Henry
http://www.pobox.com/~jimhenry/review/log.htm