On Thu, 15 Nov 2007, Philip Newton wrote:
> On Nov 14, 2007 6:00 PM,  <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> > > I agree. But aren't we getting close to dangerous territory here?
> >
> > Can you be more specific about "dangerous territory"?
>
> I interpret it as "no cross, no crown" territory.

One part of this thread is directing into the science vs. religion
debate which is Cross; the other part seems to be edging around the
ethics of (state) intervention, IMHO, which is Crown.  Neither of which
is Conlanging.

We can always treat the title as a translation exercise :)  In
Brithenig:

Lla yscient es interessant, s'w ngongwenith rhen, gw phodeth ffudergw

Now I will have to research to confirm if Brithenig does treat 'fuck
off' as a reflexive.  It seems to be normal in Romance languages for
turning transitive verbs into intransitives.

- andrew.