British astronomer Patrick Moore (he of "The Sky at Night") once did an
interview with a man who claimed to be able to speak alien languages,
including one apparently spoken on a world orbiting Krueger 60. Since
Krueger 60 is a well-known Flare Star, the possibility of life that
possesses vocal cords would seem to be remote. Moore's impression of the
language was that of "sealions gargling".
Couldn't find the languages, though, but I see zeta Reticuli is there, along
with the usual suspects. Coud I turn your impression round, and say "It's
fake, but it looks weird!" ;-)
Mike