Hi all,

James Cummings schreef:
> This seems like a straightforward <add> to me rather than a note nested
> inside an add. Conventionally people tend to encode marginal notes at
> the position in the text adjacent to where the note is placed.  Thus I
> would just do this:

I was just writing a message saying this seems a plain <note> rather
than an <add>. Encoding it as plain <add> does not allow you to
distinguish between the instruction given here ('don't indent the
lines', if I understand it correctly) and the addition of a new word to
the text.

I'd say:

<l><note type="proof" place="left" resp="#ed1"
target="#back1">back</note> "With Life's elixir sparkling high &#151;</l>

Peter