So, where I used to use something like this:

<date notBefore="1598" notAfter="1615" precision="low"></date>

meaning "we're just taking a guess really, but our best guess would be
that it's between 1598 and 1615", how would I express that with the
current attributes?

You're of course welcome to say that such a formulation is so vague as
to be ridiculous and not worth encoding, but it's the sort of thing I
often get from content experts, and I think it's better than nothing;
and it's certainly different from

<date notBefore="1598" notAfter="1615"></date>

i.e. without the @precision attribute. Would @cert do the job here? I
guess this is, really, more of a matter of certainty than it is of
precision, strictly speaking.

Cheers,
Martin

--