Is it possible that with such cases we simply push against the limits
of what  TEI can reasonably be expected to deliver? Somewhere in the
Nicomachean Ethics there is a wonderful sentence to the effect that
there is an appropriate degree of precision to everything and that one
can err by falling short or exceeding it.

Or, as Wallace Stevens put it in Connoisseurs of Chaos: "the squirming
facts exceed the squamous mind."

MM