2008/1/8, Franz Sledge <[log in to unmask]>:

> I'm somewhat a fan of Papiamentu, so I was delighted to see it mentioned.
> have "Papiamentu Textbook" by E.R. Goilo (sometimes available from
> abebooks.com) and Betty Ratzlaff's very good English/Papiamentu
> Dictionary.
> Also Elis Juliana's "Haiku in Papiamentu" which is still in print.
>
> Papiamentu looks good on paper. I have not heard many recordings of it
> being
> spoken; the ones I heard were hard to follow.
>
> Den tempu seku
> un nubia chikitu ta
> hala atenshon.
>
> In a time of drought
> the tiniest cloud will draw
> attention surely.

Have you seen some of the videos on YouTube? Due to the relative strength of
the economy there seems to be more content there than you might expect.

I expect most will have an easy time with the first one considering the
subject is orthography.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o38WqkqGJz0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Sv-uhjWHQA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOX7njHfLKM