MacLeod Dave skrev:
> Since IALs exist to bridge language barriers, if the world isn't interested
> in them as of yet it stands to reason that we might be interested in other
> less dramatic methods to facilitate communication on a smaller scale.

I think that one of the problems with auxilanguages is that they cannot
be present as alternatives. And as they are generally used for
proselyzing in stead of being used in the Malestream of communication,
noone should be surprized.

An enormous switch over to English seams to be going on. Ministers in
new EU countries speak English to a significant degree. Perhaps it is
not satisfactory to the native speakers, but to us non-native speakers
their English is quite passable.

All the auxilanguages seem to carry coal to Newcastle.

Kjell R