--- [log in to unmask] wrote:

> IANAL but last I recall reading that the latest laws
> and
> treaties consider *everything* copyrighted
> regardless of whether
> it has a notice or not.

I think that's probably mostly true, but I think there
is an important class of things that are not
copyrighted (though I'm not absolutely sure). I think
that things like laws, treaties, and public documents
like that are not copyrighted. What's sort of
interesting about that is, suppose you translate a
document like the UN Charter into an IAL. I guess that
the translation itself would be copyrighted, but not
the original document it is based on.

Jens Wilkinson
Neo Patwa language: http://patwa.pbwiki.com

Looking for last minute shopping deals?