Dave scrit:

>-writing: Kazakhstan is planning to switch to the
Latin alphabet within the next decade or so, and
that's a good thing as it'll help facilitate
communication between Turkic languages.

Spelling reform and adoption of the Latin alphabet are
topics I'm also interested in.  I posted a rather
interesting essay by Jespersen on the subject of
romanization:
http://www.geocities.com/idojc/latin.html

>if you're of the opinion that the languages of the
world are eventually going to merge into a big creole
the best thing to do could be promoting an existing
creole

How about Papiamentu?  There are only 2 things holding
me back from promoting this creole: the lack of a good
dictionary (looks like i would have to take a holiday
on Aruba or Curacao to get hold of one!); and that I
am not sure how the speakers of a creole like Pap.
would feel about their language being promoted as an
auxlang.

Kordiale, James Chandler
http://www.geocities.com/idojc/medilingua.html - Medilingua

"We should all stay in touch, we should make a big network on both sides of the Atlantic because your country and my country are the biggest problems in the world today, we are the biggest rogue states in the world today and the citizens have got to take back control of the plane." - George Galloway, MP Interviewed on the Alex Jones Show, 31st May 2005 infowars.com ronpaul2008.com truthnews.us

Be a better friend, newshound, and