Imagine what had happened if Latin were written with ideogrammes like
Chinese characters. Then the European languages might have been quite
easy to force at least in reading. We would understand a Brezhnev to be
Strand, Shore, Rantanen and a Churchill as perhaps Kyrkbacke, Kirkkomäki
(?) etc.

Perhaps a comming IAL is the acronyms of chat conversations like LOL,
IRC etc. As I understand the English acronymes are sometimes used evem
om Swedosj- Sometimes they are translated, but not always. And if that
is how they do in other languages as well, then we have got ourselves a
new issue of Speed Words in a not too distant future. (Interesting
perspective on the whole).

Kjell R