> [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Dmitri Ivanov

> > > by selecting 4
languages.
> > > Put them together
> > > your global creole.
> >
> > No, because little Ivan the Terrible decides to beat up all
the
> > other kids to force them to speak his language.
> >

> Hopefully there will not be a Mussolini, Genghis Khan or
another kind
> of  Tutankhamun among the kids but group psychology is group
> psychology. There are always leaders and their ways and
language are
> likely to
> dominate. By the way, the present spreading of English has
also to do
> with the global leadership to some degree. After the collapse
of USSR
> there was a fall of popularity of the Russian language, so
these
> things are related.

The idea of sticking people together like this has been
suggested before, but as we both mentioned here, group dynamics
cannot be ignored.  There may not be a bully in the group, but
still there's going to be someone with a "take charge" attitude
that will lead the others.