From: Constructed Languages List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Sai Emrys
Sent: Sunday, January 20, 2008 3:44 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: LCC timing/location (WAS: Conlang fluency survey)

On Jan 20, 2008 2:31 PM, Scotto Hlad <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> How nice of you to think of me, Sai. Sadly that's waaaay out of the way.
> Soem place like Seattle or Vancouver would do it.

Understood.

Unfortunately, our main constraint by far is simply having someone on the
ground willing to do the organizational work. (At least, the stuff that we
can't do remotely.) And secondly, having it be somewhere that could maybe
help sponsor costs (which tends to mean a university, but needn't
*necessarily*; a company could also).

And TTBOMK there's noone in Seattle or Vancouver willing to do that.

If you know of anyone, please let us know though - [log in to unmask] :)

In an ideal world, we'd be able to just have it wherever we wanted...
but that takes money, and we've got very little.

I've heard a little bit about alternate methods like videoconferencing, so
we could have non-locals "attend" for just the cost of a webcam ($30?) -
possibly even as speakers. Not sure how viable that is yet, but in principle
it'd be neat. (Suggestions for methods appreciated.)

- Sai