As others are joining in, I may as well .....   ;)

> == Part A: Personal and demographic data.  ==
>
> 01. a. What is your name (or online handle)?
>     b. May I quote you by name or handle in an article or talk about
>     conlang fluency?

Yes.

>     c. If not, may I quote you anonymously?
>
> 02. a. What is your preferred email address (if not the address you
>     are sending the survey response from)?
>     b. May I contact you with follow-up questions?

Yes.

http://www.carolandray.plus.com/Glosso/Glossopoeia.html

> 04. a. How old are you?

69

>     b. How old were you when you first started creating languages?

10

>     c. How old were you when you first attained significant fluency
>         in (one of) your constructed language(s)?

Don't know - I recall I had some fluency in the many conlangs of my
teens, now all lost. But most of them were Euroclones, so fluency wasn't
too difficult    :)

> 05. Are you male or female?

Male

> 06. a. What is your nationality?

British (UK)

>     b. Where do you live now?

Surrey, UK

>     c. Where were your ancestors from?

I have a great grandfather who came from Pomerania (then part of
Germany, now part of Poland) - otherwise AFAIK all from English stock.

> 07. What is/are your native language(s)?

English

> 08. What natural languages other than your native one(s) have you
>     studied?

As many as I've been able to in the last 59 years  :)
Europe: all major ones and many minor ones; Africa: Swahili, Hausa, Luo,
Xhosa, Zulu, Afrikaans, Ancient Egyptian; Asia & Oceania: Hebrew,
Arabic, Hindi/Urdu, Tamil, Malay/Indonesian, Mandarin Chinese, Japanese,
Tagalog, Samoan inter_alia; America: sadly only Quechua (maybe more
someday).

> What degree of fluency have you attained in them?

Can read Latin, French, Spanish, Italian & Ancient Greek with reasonable
fluency; have read German & Welsh, tho dictionary & grammar book is
usually required. When I left school I had some spoken fluency in
French, but haven't kept it up - but usually understand spoken French.

> 09. What constructed languages created by other people have you
>     studied?  What degree of fluency have you attained in them?

Esperanto, Novial, Volapük, Interlingua, LSF, Speedwords inter_alia -
can read Novial, Interlingua & LSF well enough. At one time (late teens)
I was fluent at writing Speedwords.

> 10. What is your level of education?  What is/was/will be your major
>     or specialization?

B.A. Combined Hons. in combined Latin & Greek; M.Litt. (research into
Pre-Greek speech on Crete); M.Sc. (Computing).

> 11. What is (was/probably will be) your trade or profession?

Schoolteacher - and last 14 years of my working life, I was College
lecturer in Computer Science.

> 12. Do you work part time? full time?  Are you a student or retired?

Retired.

> 13. a. What is your (approximate) income?

(Teacher's Pension + State Pension) - Tax.

>     b. What was your family's approximate income when you were a
>      child?

Haven't a clue - father was self-employed electrical engineer &
contractor; mother was housewife.

> 14. Are you single, married, divorced, widowed, remarried...?

Married (44.5 years)

> 15. a. What is your religion, if any?

Roman Catholic

>     b. What was your religious upbringing, if any?

Middle to Low Anglican (definitely Protestant)

> 16. Are there other facts about yourself that you think might be
>     relevant?

No.

> == Part B: The nature of your conlang. ==
>
> If you have devised more than one conlang, please focus in these
> questions on those you are most (nearly) fluent in.
>
> 17. What is the name of your primary conlang (the one you have
>     invested the most effort in or are most fluent in)?

Piashi

> 18. What are the basic purpose(s) and design goals of your conlang?  Is
>     it associated with an imagined world or culture?  If so, are the
>     speakers human?
{quote}
To create a language:
   1. which, when written alphabetically, can serve as an alphabetic
shorthand*
    2. which can, if desired, serve as an international auxiliary
language (IAL)
{/quote}

For a fuller explanation of its 12 design principles, see
http://www.carolandray.plus.com/Briefscript/ObjAndDesign.html

> 19. Is your conlang a priori (devised from scratch) or a posteriori
>     (based on a specific natural language or language family), or a mix
>     of a priori and a posteriori elements?

Mixed

> 20. Describe the typology of your conlang - what is its primary word
>     order (SVO, SOV, VSO...; pre- or postpositional; etc.)?  Is it
>     isolating, agglutinating, fusional, polysynthetic?  Is its case or
>     word order system primarily accusative, ergative, active,
>     other...?

SVO - probably agglutinating and primarily accusative (I suspect  ;)

> 21. a. How extensive or complete do you consider your conlang to be (in
>     grammar and vocabulary)?

Alas, far too incomplete. TAKE ('Greek without inflexions'), a conlang I
have invested much less time in, is more complete as regards grammar &
vocabulary; see:
http://www.carolandray.plus.com/TAKE/index.html

>     b. If you are not yet fluent in it, do you consider the language
>     complete enough for fluency to be attainable, or would it need
>     considerably more development for that to be possible?

It needs considerably more development for that to be possible.

> 22. Does your conlang have features that might be expected to make it
>     especially difficult for speakers of your native language?

Not that I am aware of.

> 23. Does your conlang have possibly unnatural features that might be
>     expected to make fluency difficult or impossible for humans?

No.

> == Part C: Fluency in your conlang. ==
>
> 24. a. Do you intend to become fluent in your conlang, or did you when
>     you started creating it?

Probably, when I began it - but that was long ago & I have no such
intention now.

>     b. If not, did you find yourself becoming fluent as an unexpected
>     result of developing and using it?

It would be nice if this proves to be so.

> 25. If you intend to become fluent in your conlang, what are your
>     goals or purposes for learning it?

N/A

> 26. What do you use (or intend to use) your conlang for?
>     a. Prayer?
>     b. Meditation?
>     c. Thinking?
>     d. Taking notes in the course of study?
>     e. Writing notes to yourself (grocery lists, etc.)?
>     f. Writing a diary?
>     g. Writing poetry or other literature?
>     h. Singing?
>     i. Writing the grammar or lexicon of the conlang itself?
>     j. Pretending in public that you are a native speaker
>         of your conlang?
>     k. Anything else?

N/A - essentially its creation is a mental exercise.

> 27. Can you write original text in your conlang, at least on some
>     subjects, without looking up words or grammatical structures?

N/A

> 28. Can you compose well-formed sentences in your conlang about as
>     fast as you can handwrite or type?

N/A

> 29. Can you read text you wrote some time ago in your conlang without
>     looking up words in the lexicon or pausing to consciously parse or
>     translate it?

N/A

> 30. a. Do you find yourself thinking spontaneously in your conlang?
>     b. Are such thoughts often full sentences rather than single
>     words or short phrases?

N/A (but I do recall doing this with the Euroclones of my teens)

>     c. Are they usually grammatical (as you intend your conlang to
>     work)?

My teenage thoughts would have been so.

> 31. a. Can you think in your conlang, without deliberately constructing
>     sentences word by word?
>     b. Are such thoughts usually grammatical (as you intend your
>     conlang to work)?

N/A

> 32. a. Have you ever dreamed in your conlang?
>     b. Did the speech or writing in your conlang from the dream turn out,
>     when remembered on waking, to be grammatical and/or meaningful?

AFAIK I don't dream - if I do, I forget them when I wake up!

> 33. Can you read aloud at conversational speed from text written in
>     your conlang?

N/A

> 34. Can you speak spontaneously in your conlang at conversational
>     speed?  If native speakers of your conlang existed, could they
>     understand your pronunciation?

N/A

> 35. If you have recorded speech in your conlang, have you been able to
>     understand it in real time when played back a considerable time
>     after you spoke and recorded it?

N/A

> 36. If you are fluent in your conlang only when speaking or writing
>     about certain subjects, what are those subjects?

N/A

> 37. Have you found anyone willing to learn your conlang and speak it
>     with you, or correspond with you in it?  If so, please describe
>     the experience.

N/A

> 38. a. What methods have you used to study your conlang and improve your
>     fluency in it?
>     b. Which have you found most effective?

N/A

> 39. How do you do most of the primary work on your conlang?  In your
>     head, writing stuff down later if at all, or on paper with
>     pencil/pen, or with a voice recording/playback system, or at a
>     computer, or...?

In my head, with paper & pencil, on a computer.

> 40. Have you made significant changes in your conlang due to your
>     experience using it?  In what way?

Nope - but significant changes have been made as a result of discussion
on Conlang & other fora.

> 41. Has your more or less fluent use of the language changed its
>     phonology, grammar or semantics in ways you did not consciously
>     intend?  Have you, for instance, changed the description of the
>     language's grammar based on the way you've noticed that you
>     actually use it, or changed a word's lexicon entry when you
>     realized you were using it in a different sense than the way you
>     originally defined it?

N/A

> 42. Has your developing fluency in your conlang slowed down its rate
>     of change?  Have you refrained from making changes in the language
>     that you would otherwise make because they would require
>     re-learning words or structures you already use fluently?

N/A

> 43. Has your handwriting in your conlang changed as you became more
>     fluent in it?  In what way?

N/A

> 44. Has your fluency in your conlang influenced the way you speak your
>     native language, or other languages you are fluent in?

N/A

> 45. Is there anything else you would like to add?

No.

--
Ray
http://www.carolandray.plus.com