In a message dated 2/5/08 9:57:30 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

> This is completely anecdotal too

confused. I have never had an emergence reaction and can only think of a single
vomiter. (Yes I use ketamine on a VERY frequent basis). I don't know whether I have
been using an isomer or something. Or perhaps my presedation karma is superb.
My point is that my personal experience is directly in line with literature:
I don't use Versed and have not had any problems arise.

I HAVE had a bad experience with laryngospasm and this is where my own
anectdotal approach comes into play. I use atropine to prevent secretions from
irritating the vocal cords. Perhaps some would argue that I too am practicing
anectdotal medicine in this regard.

Rick

Rick Place, MD
Pediatric Medical Director