At CHOA-Egleston we have a phlebotomist in the ED during on busy
evening hours. There is a specific order in our EMR for "blood by
venipuncture, no IV needed".
jl

Jeffrey Linzer Sr., MD, FAAP, FACEP
Associate Medical Director for Compliance
Emergency Pediatric Group
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Egleston and Hughes Spalding

Quoting Michael Kim <[log in to unmask]>:

> We are an academic ED with 37,000 pt per year, of which 10,000 are children.
> Does anyone NOT have a pediatric phlebotomy service for just labs
> without IV plavement in the ED?
>
> I would like to hear experiences with starting a service or attempts
> at starting one.
>
> Thanks in advance,

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: