so far I get a lot of opinions based on established practice and common
sense .
I hope to get a reference that will define the very low risk population
where this practice  is safe, If that non toxic non distressed baby  had  higher
temperature, Say 102F (38.9C) with that cough will you still  not cath the
bladder ? if this was a 7 month old girl ( a patient of ours today)  with the same
presentation, will you still manage the same way?
This has been a topic of fierce debate among us today and I hope to get  some
help from those who are familiar with the studies on that issue

thanks again...
Giora Winnik
Maimonides
Brooklyn