I am curious as to how many Children's Emergency Department Medical
Directors would expect their EP attending staff to routinely personally
perform paracentesis on children younger than 5 years of age.  Could you
respond to me personally with the following information.

1.  Name of CED  ___________________________.
2.  EPs are expected to personally provide diagnostic paracentesis on
children <5 in the CED.  Yes or No
3.  Diagnostic paracentesis is performed by interventional radiology:
	Never
	Sometimes
	Routinely
	Always
4.  Our EPs personally perform approximately _________#(please don't
exaggerate here :)) diagnostic paracentesis in children <5 years old per
year.  (Do not include those actually performed by another service)
5.  Our graduating PEM Fellows have documented ________# (on average)
diagnostic paracentesis during their fellowship.

Thanks,
Randy Cordle MD

Medical Director: Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine
Fellowship Director: PEM Fellowship
Carolinas Medical Center

This electronic message may contain information that is
confidential and/or legally privileged. It is intended only for the
use of the individual(s) and entity named as recipients in the
message. If you are not an intended recipient of this message,
please notify the sender immediately and delete the material from
any computer. Do not deliver, distribute or copy this message, and
do not disclose its contents or take any action in reliance on the
information it contains. Thank you.

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: