I also agree that doing pulse ox on every patient who comes to ER increases cost and time spent but the reason that we do pulse ox on every patient that comes into our ER is to create a uniformity of doing all the vital signs on all patients at triage level rather than leaving this decision to the person doing triage (who sometimes is of a junior level) and risk missing/delaying serious respiratory patients.

  Dr Kamran Sadiq
  Instuctor research
  Aga Khan University Hospital
  Karachi Pakistan

Don Zweig <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  I totally agree. I was just answering the question. I do not set the
policy.

Donald Zweig MD

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: