Check out this recent study in Pediatrics.  There is
some helpful info there as well.

Francesco Savino, MD, Emanuela Pelle, MD, Elisabetta
Palumeri, MD, Roberto Oggero, MD and Roberto Miniero,
MD Lactobacillus reuteri (American Type Culture
Collection Strain 55730) Versus Simethicone in the
Treatment of Infantile Colic: A Prospective Study
PEDIATRICS Vol. 119 No. 1 January 2007, pp. e124-e130

Michael

--- "D. Scott Moore, DO, MS" <[log in to unmask]>

http://www.parenting.com/article/Pregnancy/Health/A-Natural-Colic-Cure

> Has anyone actually looked at this?  I know not
> exactly an emergency
> medicine topic, but I have fielded many questions at
> night about this.  I
> wonder how good this work is?
>
> Scott
>
> On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 9:54 PM, D. Scott Moore, DO,
> MS <[log in to unmask]>
> wrote:
>
> > I have a friend who has a colicky baby and was
> trying to counsel him.
> > Have any of you heard of research using probiotics
> (Yogurt or Acidophilis)
> > for treatment of colic?  He had asked me what I
> thought about it.  Can
> > anyone anticipate any problems giving a 6 week old
> baby with colic a
> > probiotic?  I wonder if a pacifier or nipple with
> a tiny bit of yogurt on it
> > would facilitate gut colonization with good
> bacteria.
> >
> > What do all of you tell frustrated fatigued
> parents?
> >
> > Scott
> >
> > D. Scott Moore, D.O., M.S., F.A.A.E.M.
>

> --
> D. Scott Moore, D.O., M.S., F.A.A.E.M.
>
> For more information, send mail to
> [log in to unmask] with the message: info
> PED-EM-L
> The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:

Be a better friend, newshound, and

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: