I have this vague, shapeless feeling that conlanging and writing a diary/journal are similar
activities in some ways.

If you're just doing it for yourself, you can sort of do whatever you want; there is no right
or wrong, no preferred practice or unpopular options.

But there is a potential audience in the shadows of the mind of many journal-keepers.
Grandchildren? Future historians? My future self? For some of us the potential audience is
not clearly defined.

And the existence of a potential audience limits your options.

Erm... that's all I can put into words at the moment, the rest of my thoughts are too
amorphous to enwordulate at this stage.

Has anyone blogged, posted or essayed about similarities between conlanging and
journaling?