> [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mark J. Reed

> > The Pearl doesn't have a full keyboard.  The keys are
> doubled up so Q
> > & W share one button.  I like the multitap better because I know
> > what's coming out without having to correct the mistakes
> that come from misinterpretations
> > of the predictive system.   In fact, I wish all software
> makers would turn
> > off any type of predictive or corrective features by default.  My
> > experiences with them have not been good, usually leading
> me to shout
> > numerous obscenities that could make even a sailor blush.

> Hyperbole.  Sailors don't blush, and if they did you couldn't
> tell through the grime and sunburn. :)

That's because they haven't heard me yet.

> I didn't realize the Pearl had the abbreviated keyboard.  I
> much prefer the full qwerty, even though the keys are
> necessarily rather small.  My thumb easily covers four of
> them; nevertheless I have gotten quite good at typing on it.

I really didn't choose the phone because it was issued to me by my company.  I prefer the full QWERTY keyboard too, but the traditional Blackberrys are too bulky (This is slightly bigger than my Razr) so it's a good tradeoff, especially because I've never been fond of text messaging anyway. It's nice to know when I get an important e-mail that I have something to read it on, even if I don't send many replies.  Overall I do like the 8130 design but I got a bit agitated when it ran its memory dump which erased some important messages that I needed.  I'd have preferred a simple warning so I could pick what I wanted to clean up.  Better yet, I wish they had a way to offload that data onto the 2GB chip I have installed.