> [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of steve rice

> > For a practical example I find Occidental "flicca"
> > for "girl" and
> > "clocca ot" for 8 o'clock to be strange and a little
> > off-putting. It
> > should be legitimate to take words from any
> > language. Does an English
> > speaker feel the same thing about "boy" and "yes"?
> >
> "Yes" doesn't bother me; "boy" does a little, though I
> can't explain why. In Eo it's forms such as "boato"
> and "teamo" that I dislike, because they borrow the
> form rather than the pronunciation. On the other hand,
> "birdo" has never bothered me. Volapuk "gud[ik]"
> wasn't a problem, but Mondlango "guda" is. I can't
> explain that, either.

"Yes" not too much but prefer something like "ya".  "Boy" isn't too
bad either but would use it for any of my langs.

Those E-o forms all bother to to some extent, especially the "teamo"
and "boato".  I'll have to say the same about "gudik" and "guda".
The "-ik" seems to just fit it better, but maybe that just my own
Germanic bias.  Obviously I much prefer "-i" for an adjectival
ending.