Risto Kupsala skrev:
> Kjell Rehnström wrote:
>
>> In fakt novial usat li ortografie del skandinavik lingves. In adminim
>> norvegian on posse skrir "stasjon" e "senter" pro li plu international
>> "station" e "center". Pro quo no skrir "sosialism" kvam ank li norvegianes.
>>

> Some spellings have been simplified also in Swedish, such as as "konsert".
>
> It's tragicomic how conservative some Eurolangs are with regard to
> spelling. I think Jespersen did wisely when he cleared the mess about C,
> but he took it too far when he removed also Z. All Europeans can pronounce
> [z] except the Scandinavians, so he clearly imported his Scandinavian bias
> there.

By the way, Risto, in the Finnish linguaphone course that I am a proud
owner of one of the speakers in one situation pronounces "viisi" with a
z sound. I wonderd a little bit about that. Might it be because the
person who spoke hade lived abroad (in England, I guess) or might it be
endemic?

But we can learn to pronounce Z and z with a little bit of training. I
found that much easier than producing a good Polish y!

Kjell R