Kjell scrit:

>That's correct and that's why I ask. As a matter of
fact I have only met one person who started learning
Ido, i.e. he did not get there via Esperanto.

I myself probably fall into that category.  I started
learning Esp (from the book Teach Yourself Esperanto)
but got fed up and found Ido before I had even
finished that book.  So I never really used Esp before
I became an Idist.  People like me might be more
numerous than you think.

>I have always said that Ido should go out to the
public audience and not merely try converting
Esperantists

The problem is that the Idists, as a group, are not
very good at promotion or recruitment, and the Espists
are easy pickings.  It's like if you have someone who
is not very good at fishing (like me, I could never
get the hang of it..) and there is a well-stocked
fishpond nearby, they are more likely to fish there
than in a fast-flowing river.

Kordiale, James Chandler

"We should all stay in touch, we should make a big network on both sides of the Atlantic because your country and my country are the biggest problems in the world today, we are the biggest rogue states in the world today and the citizens have got to take back control of the plane." - George Galloway, MP Interviewed on the Alex Jones Show, 31st May 2005 infowars.com ronpaul2008.com truthnews.us

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs