On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 6:35 AM, Paul Bennett <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> On Sat, 01 Mar 2008 22:29:49 -0500, <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>  > Most of what Microsoft does is copied from others.  I've always
>  > hated XP (been running 2000 for home), and Vista looks even worse,
>  > so I'm likely to switch to Linux very soon, or at least a dual boot
>  > system to accomodate apps that won't work under WINE.
>
>  Dual-boot is so 1990s. VMware is definitely the new hotness.

Does it do hardware graphics acceleration, though, so you can play
games that you only have for your secondary operating system? (Or view
graphical eye-candy in your window manager, or whatever.)

I thought that consumer-grade virtualisation wasn't that good at that
sort of thing, yet. That'd still be a market for dual-booting, I'd
say.

Cheers,
--
Philip Newton <[log in to unmask]>