Good morning,

Matahaniya ang Julia "Schnecki" Simon <[log in to unmask]>:

> for example, in Saabrigge
> schwäddse mir aach Pladd (=
> in Saarbrücken, which by no stretch of the imagination
> can be
> considered part of northern Germany, we speak something
> called "Platt"
> too).

Right. I forgot that for example in Aachen they also speak
Platt, and back at my parents' they also spoke Platt in the
past -- though both are actually not Low German dialects
strictly speaking, at least as far as I know. However, it
struck me as odd to say that a man from Liechtenstein spoke
Platt, because, as you said, Plattdeutsch is usually
associated with Low German.

Regards
Carsten
(who now finally has to go to work)