Dana wrote:
<<
Didn't we just have a thread about this not too long ago.  I know
that my last e-mail to CUR has gone without notice.   I was only
trying to register my Deini font.  I pretty much picked an unused
range (ED00 to ED3F) and went with it.

Speaking of which, since I'm making a Kamakawi Unicode font,
it might be generally useful to simply make a Conlang Unicode
font--a single font that could be downloaded from FrathWiki,
for example.  If I have the fonts, it's simple enough to create
something like this.

So, if anyone is interested:

(1) You must have a script on the conlang registry (if it's not on
there, since it's not being updated, just be sure to adhere to their
guidelines, and don't pick a sequences that's been picked.  I'm
taking F000 to who knows what [probably F200+]).

(2) You have to have a font (recreating the characters myself
would take too much time).

(3) You must include a list of the titles and codes of each character
(so I can add them and they work).

(4) Send me all of the above offlist.

If we start to gather them all together, then it can, essentially,
serve the function of the registry (i.e., if we have an actual font,
then of course no one could duplicate anyone else's codes--you
can't have two glyphs in the same window!).

So, there it is.  I'm going to finish up my font, and add others
as people send them to me, or as I come across them.  Since it
takes little effort to produce a new font, this need not be immediate
(e.g., if you're reading this in the archives and it's 2011, just send
me the stuff, and I'll put out a new version of the font).  Hopefully
this type of thing can be generally useful.

-David

-Jim Morrison

http://dedalvs.free.fr/