> [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mark J. Reed

> On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 5:40 PM,  <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> >  One problem with light pens was that they needed light.  Back then,
> >  most monitors were still monochrome.
>
> The Apple ][  had a black/greenscreen display, sure.  But the
> Commodore and Atari 8-bits had color displays, typically on a TV, with
> default screen colors that didn't include black, and some light even
> when a pixel was changed to black.

Yeah, Apples were the high-end of the home market so there weren't too many users using televisions as the primary monitor, especially since they didn't come with RF-modulators as standard equipment.  Color monitors were still a bit expensive back then so green, amber or plain black-and-white were very common.

BTW:  I lost all my recent e-mail in the HD crash.  Are you still having a meet in Atlanta this month?