>"David J. Peterson" <dedalvs@...> wrote:

>The only example I can think of that comes close comes from
>Turkish:

>kitap = book
>kitap mitap = books and related materials

>It's like, "Hand me that book and the other stuff related to the
>book" (loose papers, maybe a pamphlet, pencils, pens, etc.).  Book
>stuff, essentially.  There's a bit of a write-up on Wikipedia, and
>probably more elsewhere.

The Wikipedia entry on reduplication is quite extensive!  It does not
mention, however, it's use in Spanish as an intensive/continuative,
perhaps because it is colloquial or regional.  The Mexicans
hereabouts use it frequently.  It often has a negative feeling about
it.

Ella llora, llora, llora.
She kept on crying and wouldn't stop.

Charlie