> [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of steve rice

> > That's a topic unto itself.  I never had much of a
> > problem with
> > "mal-" to mark the antithesis, except that it was a
> > poor choice of
> > labels.  The same could be said for "sen-".
> > Systematically it works
> > though some terms are common enough that I think
> > they deserve
> > soemthing a bit shorter.  Having a three-syllable
> > word like
> > "malbona" is just too much for such a commonly used
> > concept.
> >
> I'll agree about "malbona"--and "malpli" and
> "maldekstra," for that matter--but it works pretty
> well.  There's not much grassroots effort for change.

Not for E-o, but even my oligosynthetic system distinguishes "li"
(good) and "fu" (bad), mainly because they also act as ameliorative
and pejorative markers.  Likewise for "pi" (little) and "ju" (big,
grand) which work into the gradation system so I can have words like
"hanpi" [hampi] which is "heat"+"little"="cool, cold" as opposed to
"hanju" = "warm, hot".