--- MacLeod Dave <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> That's also closer to the Turkish form too - they
> use darbe. Coup
> d'etat for example is hükümet darbesi (si just shows
> that it's
> attached to hükümet).

About my last message, I looked it up and apparently
Davish means "beggar" or "poor" in Persian. I guess
not so great for a baseball player. But it's kind of
interesting that the word is so close. I am aware of
course that Turkish and Persian are unrelated, but
often there is significant borrowing between the two.

Jens Wilkinson
Neo Patwa language: http://patwa.pbwiki.com

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs