On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 9:29 PM, James Chandler <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Very nice.  Very nice indeed.  Now that's something I never realized: you have two religious groups whose languages have a greeting meaning "peace", and they can't get along.

It's an interesting point, but not really all that relevant. Their conflicts don't really have anything to do with what word they use as greetings. I'm basically an atheist, but when speaking Spanish I say "adios" without hesitation. Sometimes words are just words.
--
Jens Wilkinson
Neo Patwa (patwa.pbwiki.com)