MacLeod Dave wrote:
> Check it out, I just embedded a pdf in my blog:
>
> http://mithridates.blogspot.com/2008/04/la-princeto-little-prince-in-ido.html
>
> (Second button from the right lets you zoom in)
>
> I remember somebody mentioning this site before but then I completely
> forgot about it until today, when I finally signed up.
... which is a nice example of suffixes being inseparable in Ido. The
Esp. translation is called "la Eta Princo", whereas in Ido it's "La
Princeto". Mind you, I'd be hard pressed to say what difference it would
have made if the Esp. translation had been called "La princeto". I
suppose the separation emphasises the "littleness"; or maybe an "eta
Princo" would be permanently, inherently, little, whereas a "princeto"
would merely have some growing to do. Hmm...

Geoffrey King