Matthew Barnett wrote:
> Antonielly Garcia Rodrigues wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 6:16 PM, James Chandler <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>> As far as post-1900 interlinguistics is concerned "having precedents
>>> in natlangs" is absolutely the way to go.
>>>

>> I will temporarily ignore the unconvincing appeal to novelty (AKA
>> "what is newer is necessarily better") to ask which conauxlang
>> strictly follows this principle in any possible way imaginable.[...]
"Having precedents in NatLangs" is a pretty reasonable way to set out on
making an IAL; once it starts being used, it is open-source and will go
where its users take it. Zamenhof famously said, that you can innovate
in Esperanto "even if no-one ever said it that way before" provided you
can justify your usage in terms of logicality and comprehensibility.

Geoffrey King