> [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kjell Rehnström

> The bottom line is: It is not certain that an auxiliary language will
> stop prejudices. Whispering in the company of others is also not too
> good, as I understand.

What I was addressing was how different cultures view the situation.

> You could even find yourself in a situation that an auxilanguage that
> somewone tried to force on people would be less acceptable than, say
> English.

The thing is how would a language like that be accepted.  English is definitely in the early stages of becoming *the* world language but at this point it's still a language that is "owned" by its native speaking populations in North America, the British Isles, Australia, South Africa, etc..

A conlang can work both for and against us.  On one hand, it's not "owned" by any culture, religion or nationality so it can exist outside people's bigotry toward each other.  On the other hand it still has that "artificial" stigma of its own, being viewed as a "fake" or "toy" language rather than just a language unto itself.